- a) Can you tell me more about Costumes for Your Eyes?
- Costumes for Your Eyes is on of only 6 manufacturers of special effect and/or prosthetic contact lenses in the world.
- If you can dream it up it is quite possible that we can figure a way to make it.
- Costumes for Your Eyes has made these special contacts for many movies, videos, television productions, rock stars, CD-Rom game film clips, etc.
- Our prices start at $165.00 per pair and go up from there. Call for specific prices.
- b) What is available?
- Just about anything you can imagine. Call
us with your idea
- c) What colors are available?
- Most of the colors that are available in
your local paint store can be duplicated on a contact lens.
- d) Will these effects be able to change
the color of my eyes even if they are a dark brown color?
- We are able to block off and eye color
and replace it with your choice of color.
- e) How well do you see while wearing
special effect contact lenses?
- You will se almost the same as you do now
for most of the effects.
- f) Do these come with my prescription in
- Since we use regular contacts (B&L,
Ciba, W/J, Kontur) to create many of these effects, your
prescription is likely to be available.
- g) Do you actually make the lens of just
take a lens an put the effect on it?
- In most cases we use pre-made lenses
(B&L, Ciba, W/J, Kontur etc.), in some cases we actually have
to create the lens by hand.
- h) Do we stock these lenses?
- Since everything that we do is custom we
do not stock these lenses.
- i) Can I use my existing lenses?
- The answer to this question depends on
the effect that you want and the type of lens you are wearing.
Different effects require different lens materials and you may or
may not be able to use them.
- j) Can you put an effect on disposable
- In most cases you would not want to use
these lenses because they are thinner and can tear easier. Also
because of the thinness, less color will be absorbed by the lens
making it less effective in your eye.
- k) How do I order these effects?
- 1) Decide the exact effect that you want
- 2) When you are ready to go see your eye
professional, call us and we will send or fax you an order sheet
based on that particular effect.
- 3) Take this order sheet with you when
you go to your doctors office, it will tell your eye professional
what they will need to do.
- 4) Once these are done, send the result
- 5) We will then create the effect.
- 6) The finished lenses will be sent back to
your eye professional who will show you how to put them in, take
care of item and make sure that they are fitting correctly.
- l) How do I pay for them?
- You will pay the amount listed at the
bottom of the order sheet to costumes for Your Eyes. any other
amounts, charged by your eye professional for the exam, fitting,
etc., are to be paid directly to your eye professional.
- m) How do you accept payment?
- Costumes for Your Eyes takes Visa,
Discover, American Express, Money Orders, debit Cards, and
personal checks. If using a credit card from a foreign country,
the credit card company will convert your money into American
- n) Are there shipping charges?
- There are no extra shipping charges
inside the U.S.A. For orders to be shipped outside the U.S.A.,
please call us for a price. All orders are shipped by UPS ground
or ike transport unless otherwise requested. Please call us for
rate quotes and availability.
- o) Do we only make weird lenses?
- We also make medically related
contact lenses as well. these include prosthetic lenses (for eye
injuries, defects resulting from surgery, etc.). We also make
occluder lenses for both children and adults.
- p) Are these effects made from either
soft or hard lenses?
- Different effects require different
materials, so we us either type of lens material which is
determined by the materials required to produce the effect. Call us
for info about the particular effect in which you are interested.
- q) How long does it take to make the
effect that I want?
- Different effects require different
amounts of time to produce. they can take any where from 6 days to
8 weeks depending on how complex the effect is to create. Please
call us for delivery times. the closer to Halloween (in the USA),
the longer the time will take to create an effect.
- r) Are there cutoff dates for holidays?
- The busiest time of the year is the
Halloween season in the USA. All effects requiring delivery by
Halloween are cut-off 10 days before this holiday, although some
effects are cut off much earlier than that. Please call for
- s) Are these all the effects that we can
- No, our ability is just about limitless. If
you have an idea for an effect, please call us and we can tell you
if it is possible. remember, that which was impossible last year,
may be be possible this year or in the future.
- t) Where are these effects made?
- Costumes for Your Eyes is headquartered in
Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota. If you are in our area, please
feel free to stop in and say hello. You might see even more
- u) Do we make anything other than contact
- No, Costumes for Your Eyes only focus is
on special effect, prosthetic, and occluder contact lenses.
- v) Do we only make these for the
- No, we make them for everyone. Obviously,
there are numerous uses for these lenses outside of these
industries and many people want their costume to be different then
- w) Are these the same as Wild Eyes?
- These effects are totally different than
Wild Eyes. While Wesley Jessen/Ciba makes a good contact lens, our
effects are created on many different types of contact lenses.
this allows for a much larger range of prescriptions and fitting
parameters. Also , the wild Eyes are printed in a pattern much
like the old Dot Matrix printers for computers. This type of
printing allows some of you natural eye color to show through,
diluting the effect. Also because they are mass produced, the
number of effects available, as well as the prescriptions available
are limited. Because we us almost all lenses, your prescription is
likely to be available no matter how strong it is.
- x) Can we do effects on Wild Eyes lenses?
- There are some effects which can be done
on Wild Eyes lenses. Please call us with your ideas and we can let
you know if it is possible.
- y) What are our newest effects?
- Because people call us with ideas all of
the time, we are constantly coming up with new contact lenses.
Please watch this site for further developments.
- z) How can we call Costumes for Your Eyes?
- Our number for use in Minnesota and
overseas is 651-445-9795
Our toll-free number for use in the USA and Canada is 800-284-2623
6175 Cahill Avenue East #101 |
Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota 55076 Local: 651-455-9795 |
Toll Free: 800-284-2623|